• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copywrite violation

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wrote a theme song for my paranormal group more than 15 years ago using the royalty free riffs provided by Adobe audion. 

the song has been used all these years and in two tv productions.

the past two days, someone on Facebook has accused me of a copywrite violation.

there is. I biolation as the riffs were royalty free and included with Adobe audition.

I need help!

can Adobe please help me? 

TOPICS
Version 3 and earlier

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they are going to make that accusation, they would have to prove it. If, on the other hand, you can demonstrate how the tunes were constructed by yourself using the royalty-free stuff, then you don't have a problem. Was absolutely everything created with the royalty-free materials?

Making an accusation is one thing; proving it is a completely different matter. If you are sure of your ground, then you don't have a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More than 15 urea's ago I wrote a theme song for my paranormal team using Loopology loops.

I have been using the song all these years. No copywrite issues on YouTube, tik tok or any other places. In fact, I ran my last video through copywrite check in tik tok last night. No issues.

the song has appeared in three videos broadcast on public access television. No issues.

my podcast has been broadcast on blogtalk, it is distributed via apple and other online stations.

there has been no issue in more than 15 years.

I have been doing my show via StreamYard which puts the live on Facebook, YouTube and twitch. I have been doing it for two years. 

last week I get notice from Facebook that someone has complained about a copywrite violation on the music. I of course challenged it explaining that it was written so long ago with royalty free loops from Loopology.

I have gotten no response from either the person or Facebook. But I am still getting notices from them about the copywrite challenge.

what can I do? Can someone at Adobe help me? This is rediculous! 

i also have the paperwork from Adobe saying the loops are royalty free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is nothing else to add to this. You already have all the evidence you need, and there is no further help we can give you. We are a U2U group - not Adobe directly, although that makes no difference; Adobe can do nothing more for you anyway. If you want any further action at all, I suggest getting a solicitor/lawyer to write a cease and desist letter for you. That is not Adobe's responsibility at all. They have already provided you with the ammunition - it's up to you to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines