• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom Favorites not working in Audition? Please help!

Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have adobe audition cc 2017. I tried making a custom favorite. The pre-made favorites work but my custom did not. If I try to apply my custom favorite to the audio I get a message that says, " The recording time selection could not be applied." What do I do?? Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Not sure what you are wanting to do with your custom favourite but selecting the correct amount of audio when recording a Favourite is tricky. might be some help here:

Re: Troubleshoot record favorite: select .015 ms --> autoheal

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you are wanting to do with your custom favourite but selecting the correct amount of audio when recording a Favourite is tricky. might be some help here:

Re: Troubleshoot record favorite: select .015 ms --> autoheal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding!

I want to have a custom favorite so that I can change many different clips of audio with the same settings. I think that would be easier and faster than adding individual effects to every single audio clip.

I'm confused as to why you sent me a link to a .015 ms auto heal. In order to make a custom favorite do I have to select .015 ms when recording the favorite?

I just don't know why I can add a pre-made favorite to a piece of audio (like auto heal) but my custom favorite is not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2016 Nov 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly is in your custom favourite?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2016 Nov 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error message that you get when trying to use your custom Favorite implies that there is a problem with the selection of audio for using your Favotite on. That is why I sent that link because it explains what happens when you try to create a Favorite which involves a time selection element.

As Steve asks it would help us to help you if you can give us a bit more info about you are trying to do with your Favorite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for a bit of a delayed reply!

I have many different voiceovers and I want to enhance the sound of them by applying a custom favorite to them all. I am trying to follow the instructions from this youtube video: How To Make Your Voice Sound Better (Secrets Revealed) - YouTube

ryclark   - I think that you were right! The answer was in the link you sent me: In order to make a selection-based favorite that will apply to an arbitrary selection later is to record the favorite applying to the entire file.    

Thank you both for your help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing this tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines