Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Delete button highlighting and silencing audio instead of deleting it

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Having a frustrating time of it at the moment.

I have imported some multitrack wav files for an SD card which was recorded on from the rodecaster podcast pro

Now when I go to edit a track, I highlight a section, push delete. But instead of it deleteing the audio it simply greys it out and silences it. 

I am wondering 

1. how to fix

2. Is it something to do with how the files were imported, because I tested recording straight into audition and it edited fine.

Please help??

TOPICS
Audio hardware, FAQ, How to, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is exactly what will happen if you try to delete a part of a single track in a multichannel file. If you think about it, that makes sense; if you removed the time then you'd be removing it from the other channels too. So all that can happen when a single channel is selected and the delete key pressed is that the content is deleted, not the time.

The solution is to split the multichannel file out into its component parts, and edit those independently. Then the delete key will operate as normal.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Awesome thanks mate

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines