Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Distorted sound while recording

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

After recording for 5 or so minutes, I am getting a crackling noise. The noise is absent when I listen with headphones from the mixer output. But I hear the noise from the PC speaker/headphones. The noise is getting recorded. I have listened to the raw wave files, and the noise is present. My work-around has been to exit Audition, and restart the software. I am recording in multi-track, using ASIO4All v2.14 driver and Zoom L12 mixer, latest Audition version. I use a PC with 64GB RAM and 500+GB free hard drive space. I have reinstalled the ASIO driver also. The problem appeared a couple of months ago, before that I did not have any issues. I would appreciate any advise.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Audio hardware , Noise reduction

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide a short recorded sample of this crackling, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have attached a small sample. This noise gets recorded on all the tracks. Thanks for looking into this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that's ruled out several things, including Audition as being the source of it. I believe that there's a firmware update - are you running the latest firmware on the mixer -  v.2.14?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SteveG - thank you for your response. I will check the firmware version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines