• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Distortion on audio after exporting from audition to MP3

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been recording podcasts using MS Teams. I create a new multitrack session in Audition using a sample rate of 16000Hz as this matches Audio sample rate of the MS Teams video. 32 Bit Depth and stereo sound.

The video is in an MP4 format and I bring this file straight into audition. Once I have finished editing the audio file, which sounds good in audition, I export it to MP3. When I listen using QuickTime player, or within the Teams player, the sounds has a slight distortion (muffly/'shhh' noise at the end of the words, which wasn't there when listening through in Audition. Is there a solution to this? 

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever you do, it's not going to be that good if it's sampled at 16k - that will limit the top of the audio to 8kHz. On top of that, MP4 is a compressed format, and then you're converting it to another, different, compressed format. What MP3 settings are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response SteveG 🙂 Good to know I will basically need to find a better way to record instead of through teams, if I want it to be better quality. The below are the export settings I am using (this one, the video was actually a sample rate of 48khz. what is strange is that now when I export this file (a different recording) there is a background hiss constantly throughout the recording, which didn't happen before, so I'm not sure what I have changed, but it's the first time it's happened.  

Catherine23835264p17x_0-1648736650960.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's easy - it's an 8 bit export, which limits the dynamic range, and hence the noise floor, to just over 48dB. That's pretty poor! As in about the same as a bad cassette recorder...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines