• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Distortion while recording through a RODE Caster Pro

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Audition through a RODE Caster Pro (RCP) when recording I get distortion. It sound like I'm talking thru a electric fan... I've tried everything I can think of to correct the problem, with zero luck.

I also use Audacity and have no probelms recording in that with the way the system is currently set-up.

TOPICS
Noise reduction

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm presuming that you are recording via the USB port. Are you using the new ASIO driver for Windows? And can you provide a sample of what this sounds like? I suppose that the other possibility is that you have the latency set far too low - that would cause this sort of sound. But Rode has updated everything to do with the interface, so it's worth updating it anyway.

https://www.rode.com/interfaces-mixers/rodecaster-pro/learning-hub/updating-firmware 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your advice. I spent an hour online with Adobe Support. We determined the easiest thing to do was revert to Version 14.0 of Audition. As opposed to Version 14.2. All is well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines