Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does SubZero MiniControl MIDI Controller work with Audition

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I am considering getting a controller to help edit with audition, I looking for something inexpensive so was considering getting the SubZero MiniControl MIDI Controller. Would this work with audition?

TOPICS
Audio hardware , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short answer: Don't know. Slightly longer answer is to find out whether it supports the Mackie HUI protocol. If it doesn't, then the answer is a definite No. If it does, then from looking at a picture of one, I would imagine that support would be somewhat limited. Yes it's cheap - and there are almost bound to be some limitations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply! 

I have been looking at another product, the 'Korg nanoKONTROL2', I contacted the company directly and didn't seem to know whether it would work or not. But they said it connects by MIDI..? 

If not do you know of any other Products that do look at? I have about £50 price range? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending what you want the controller to actually do, then in your price range have you looked at something like the Contour Shuttle Express ?  There is an option to download specific configuration files to be able to use it with Adobe Audition 2020 (and a few other Adobe products).

I can't vouch for its use with AA since I am awaiting delivery of one!

HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's basic editing transport-type control you want, then quite regularly, Syntrillium Red Rovers turn up on Ebay. These are definitely supported by Audition, as they were intended originally to be used with Cool Edit Pro (Audition's forerunner). I know that they work fine, because I have two of them. There's a separate selection option for them in Preferences. There are also some useful options that you can use in Multitrack, and as a way of dropping yourself into record at a distance from your screen, if you need to. I've seen them go for as little as £20 here, and they are pretty well built!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

korg nanoKontrol 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines