• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error when starting application - MSVCP110.dll

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what has changed since I last ran Audition a few days ago, but I attempted to this morning and found that immediately I get the a dialog box error stating:

"The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP110.dll was not found. Reinstalling the progam may fix this problem."

I found this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/missing-msvcp110dll.html

I checked my version of the creative cloud app and it appears up to date ( I even reinstalled it) at version 5.5.0.617.

I then went to the directly mentioned in the above link, but found no vcredist_x64.exe to run.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Audition and the error persists. 

Does anyone have suggestions on what to do to fix this issue?

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

The fix for me was to go to microsoft's website and download the installer for the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4. Run the installer and choose repair. As soon as it finished I was able to open Audition again (even without a restart!)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=30679

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix for me was to go to microsoft's website and download the installer for the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4. Run the installer and choose repair. As soon as it finished I was able to open Audition again (even without a restart!)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=30679

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works for me thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been killing myself trying to figure this out. Weirdly on my desktop, this isn't an issue but I just did a Windows update to my Surface Pro 4 (my main VO rig) and I think that must've killed it. Your steps worked perfectly! Thank you so very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that did the trick for me.

How'd you figure that out, by the way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and this fixed it, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

It worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works for me!! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh wow thank you! Worked for me 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! That worked for me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2023 Sep 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Audition version was that you had/have fixed please?
I used to have an installation of Audition Cs2 which I got legitimately and was equal to Audition 3.0 (which I had through a DVD installer bought straight from Adobe)  Then that MSVCP110.dll was not found error popup came up and after one reinstall I found the same problem and despair set in so I gave up trying
I need that info if Im going to try again Please tell me ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. It worked like a charm!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used that link to uninstall and install MS C++ and finally everything worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me! I was an my wits end after letting CC Cleaner loose it messed up a bunch of stuff! 

Thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that msvcp110.dll had been replaced by msvcp110-win.dll after installing the new PS 24.6.0. It broke all programs that were looking for the former. Maybe Adobe has the wrong version of the dll in its installer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines