• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting audio files as Dialogic (VOX) - Detailed Settings

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a customer who is asking for my help in creating Auto Attendant Voice Prompts. He has given me the detaied settings that are required to make the voice prompts usable on their phone system. What I need to know is whether or not this is even doable in Audition. I don't think it matters, but I would be doing the work on a 2019 Macbook Pro. Here is the information I was given:

It is possible to record the Auto Attendant voice prompts using a computer, save them and then load these recorded prompts to the XBLUE IP system for use in the menus. Doing so requires that the files be stored in VOX format as:

• Dialogic (VOX)
  • U-Law
  • 8000Hz (8KHz)
  • 64kbps
  • Mono
  • File size no greater than 300k

Thanks for helping me figure this out!

TOPICS
Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the libsndfile website, it should be possible to write vox files by initially saving the file as .raw in Audition with the following settings:

save as VOX.JPG

When you've got it looking like this,  I believe that you simply have to change the .raw extension on the file line to .vox - apparently vox files are very much like headerless wav files so in principle there shouldn't be any problem with this approach.

But this does come with a warning; I've never tried it. Where have I got it from? The information is near the bottom of the large table on the libsndfile home page - here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Steve,

Thank you for responding! I really appreciate your input.

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines