Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting mixdown with track markers

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

first of all, I apoligize if my terminology is not correct but I'm still learning by doing, so I'm still not an expert... thanks in advance for any help.

My question: I am mixing (with Audition CS6) multiple song in a mixdown and I am trying to export the final mixtape in one single file but with "markers" at the beninning of single song, so that one would be able to skip to the start of, say, the 6th song. Is it possible? How?

Thanks a lot! 🙂

Mauro

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can only do this if you are prepared to use Audition as your playback machine, and use Wav files. You open your mixdown in Waveform views, and put the markers in that view. If you save the file and make sure that you have a check in the 'Include markers and other metadata' box, then whenever you re-open the file, they will be there and you can navigate between them using the Alt+ right or left arrow keys. If you save in any other format (like MP3) then your file will be decoded back to a Wav file when it's opened, and you'll lose quality - but more importantly, the markers won't be saved. Also, you can name the markers so it's easy to tell which track is which.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines