• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting WAV file into separate files

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a concert recording and have one large WAV file that I've added CD Track markers to and want to export the one large WAV file to separate WAV files. In the markers section when I highlight one or all of the markers, the button that says "export audio of selected range markers to separate files" is gray and nothing happens when I click it. I can't figure out how to take my WAV file and export as the 21 different tracks I've marked.

PLEASE HELP.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to be able to save as separate files the Markers need to be merged into Ranges. Then the Export option will be un-grayed. To Merge the Markers make sure you have one at the very beginning and end of the file as well as the intermediate ones. Then in the Markers list select all the Markers and merge using the comb like icon (third from left).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need markers between all the tracks, and also one at the start and finish.

cues 1.JPG

You will notice that at this stage, none of the cues have a duration. What you do now is to highlight all the cues, and hit the 'merge' button (it has a blue square around it in the next screengrab):

Cues 2.JPG

You will now notice that the cues all have durations, and that the handles look a little different. If you give each cue an appropriate name and highlight them all again, you can batch-save them to individual files with those names. That's the button two to the right of the 'merge' button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks. I've just seen this very helpful thread. Thank-you.

I have successfully merged my markers into ranges, then exported each file out, which is brilliant! However, my next challenge is to save all of those separate .wav files with a list of specific file names which I have in a CSV or spreadsheet list. I have about 100 unique, specific file names. Is there a 'drag and drop' method or tool for doing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately not as part of Audition I'm afraid. There are some simple file renaming options in the Batch Process Export page. mainly adding suffix/prefix. But there is also a Template mode for renaming in there using a few variables but probably not consistent with your naming patterns. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

colinc16367333  wrote

Hi Folks. I've just seen this very helpful thread. Thank-you.

I have successfully merged my markers into ranges, then exported each file out, which is brilliant! However, my next challenge is to save all of those separate .wav files with a list of specific file names which I have in a CSV or spreadsheet list. I have about 100 unique, specific file names. Is there a 'drag and drop' method or tool for doing this?

As ryclark says, not within Audition. But I think that with a little external manipulation of your data, you might be able to do this with CueListTool, as it can work with external lists. I'll be the first to admit that I haven't tried doing this with it, but I can't see why it shouldn't work in principle. And it won't cost you anything to find out, either!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve. Sorry to ask, but since I'm on a Mac, CueListTool doesn't seem to have a Mac option. Any other alternatives that you know of?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm afraid that's the only one I'm aware of - it dates back to when Audition was PC-only, which is why it's not dual-platform. Can't you get it to run as an emulation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines