Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extract poly wave in Multitrack view?

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I have made a big mistake while putting ambiences throughout a 1,5 hour film. I added the surround ambience-poly files to a surround track and just used the 5.1 track panner to get the sound from each speaker.. It sounded OK using headphones with waves nx, but now when i have a calibrated 5.1 studio its just a mess. Comb filtering everywhere! Not a shocker, I suspect Audition is putting all 5 tracks, merged together in all 5 speakers. I can see in the clip properties on the source channel routing everything is where it should, but still i do not get all the mono files out of the separate speakers. What am i doing wrong here?

I assume the worst, that I will have to re-add all the ambience into separate channels for L R C Ls Rs, but is there a way to "split track into mono files" in the multitrack view? Like when holding ALT before dropping a poly file, it splits the file into mono tracks. But is there a way to do this with already dropped clips on the timeline?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit>Extract Channels to Mono Files, but only in Waveform view. If you import a multichannel file into Multitrack, and use the twirldown, you will see each channel separately, and that gives you quite a bit of flexibility...

Expanding Multichannel file in Multitrack view.JPG

You can shove the contents all over the place like this. (The file shown is just for demonstration putposes)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Steve, thanks for your reply. However, since i'm doing a 5.1 mix, the poly files are containing multidirectional recordings. I need to use all of the tracks separately panned to separate channels.

See picture. In these tracks i have hundreds of poly files, containing all 5 separate mono tracks. Is there a way to extract these?

snipp.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines