• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files no longer exist after importing!

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so puzzled.  I was working on a session yesterday, everything was fine.  Today?  Everything's gone and is replaced by the one file left in my "Imported Media" folder.

Screenshot 2018-01-05 14.44.54.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not exactly sure what you are saying.

That screen grab shows at least 3 media files - are you saying that when you open the session the media is missing?

Some more info would be helpful

Feel free to post the sesx as that will offer some detail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry.  My question/post wasn't very clear.  My head was spinning at the time.  I spent six hours editing a national show with Justin Timberlake that's running all over the country this weekend, and lost everything.  I don't mean to name drop, it's just that OF ALL sessions to lose, it HAD to be THIS one?  Luckily, I had finished it and sent it out to everyone.  I attempted to open it the next morning, and almost nothing was there.

So, essentially, all the media lost its links.  I realize I could go through and re-link all the media, and that's what I imagine I'd have to do in order to re-edit anything.  That's not necessarily the point.  It's that it happened at all.  And the fact that some of the media is now missing.  Scared the heck out of me.  It also happened with a second session I opened.

I've tracked down the issue - I think.  I use a program called Snapper ALL THE TIME.  It's invaluable to me.  It opens any audio file to a waveform with one click.  Then, you can highlight and grab any part of the file and pull it into your editor.  It works REALLY well and saves a mountain of time.  I'm a very visual editor, so being able to "open" any file and grab three seconds of it is huge for me.

The "problem" with that program, is where it puts the snippet.  Most of the time, it imports into my session folder.  But I'm wondering now if somehow that process failed, during the editing process.  I remember at one point, the program (Snapper) was slowing down, and I opened the preferences and flushed the cache and restarted it.  I'm guessing maybe I deleted those snippets prior to Audition saving them.  I'm not sure.  But I can only guess it's somehow related.  I'm presuming then that Audition somehow got confused and everything went haywire.  Not sure.

I can't say for sure it was related to that program, but it's the most likely issue.  I opened the sesx file with text editor, and there were almost NO files referenced, yet I was using dozens.  I'm sorry, I'm at home for the weekend and can't seem to access my Mac at work.  I'll post the sesx file Monday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm confident that flushing the cache is the culprit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines