• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files Offline After Save - Audition 5.0

New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help!  We spent all afternoon recording tracks directly in a Multitrack Session in Audition 5.0 running on Windows 10.  The tracks played back, and all function seemed normal.  After we'd finished, I saved the Session (.sesx file), hoping to resume in the morning.  

When I went back into the file today, I recieved an error that all the files were offline.  When I go into the "_Recorded" File, it only displays a couple of practice takes that I did while setting up.  I ran a search on all ".wav" and ".pk" files on my computer, and I can't find a thing!   

Is there any way to recover all these recordings? Thank you in advance for your time! 

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They will be there somewhere otherwise the session couldn't have existed, as such. The only exception to this that I could dream up seems to be rather unlikely, and would have involved you ignoring several warnings about unsaved files. So assuming that's not the case, then the best thing to do is wait for SuiteSpot to spot this thread. He's the expert on session files, and will be able to tell you from yours where the recordings were/are at the time you saved the session.

What I will say though is that invariably the best way to prevent this from happening is to get organised. Have a folder for that particular session, and keep at least a copy of all of the associated audio in the folder with the session file. And you don't rely on Audition doing that (although it will offer...), you actually check that they are really there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for getting in touch!  Haha, fortunately no such warnings were ignored.  Another odd thing is that the "Free Space" calculator at the bottom of the session is definately at the post-recording number, leading me to believe that the files still exist somewhere.  But the fact that they don't show up when I run a search of the whole computer is disheartening.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same issue.  This has only started happening since upgrading recently.   EVERY time I save, some files simply go offline immediatly.  Can't figure out why this is happeninng.  Did you ever find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This has only started happening since upgrading recently.

Then I am going to suggest you are not actually using Audition CS6, which is what the OP is using!  In fact, I suspect you are using the latest release version of Audition CC which has this problem, acknowledged as a bug.  (There are actually several posts in the forum about this already.)

The solution is to download the latest Beta release, via the CC Desktop app, left hand column, "Beta apps".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines