• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Finding ideal settings to remove breaths without compromising the rest of the session's audio?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm editing a podcast episode and I don't want to go through and individually cut out every excessive breath I find, so I'm trying to find a setting in my expander that will effectively remove said breaths. The issue I'm running into is when trying to experiment with settings to remove breaths, I'm also forfeiting some of the speech audio's quality, and I can't seem to navigate the solution to this. Should I try to use some other effect in tandem with the expander? How can I accurately guage the ideal settings to use for removing breaths? Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
How to , Noise reduction

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try doing some of the things suggested in this thread - taking note of comments about not removing breaths completely. If the breathing is really intrusive, then the Dynamics Processor route probably won't work, although the other suggestions might.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines