• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flex Time?

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - is there anything equivalent to Flex Time (Logic Pro X) in Audition? I'm working on a virtual choir piece and want to align the timing between the parts.

Thanks 😊 

TOPICS
Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing there is that might do what you want (up to a point...) is the Automatic Speech Aligner. You get to this by selecting two clips that you want to align, and right-clicking - it's in the list of options. It's really intended for speech, but actually it works quite well with singing - YMMV.

The reason that there isn't much like this in Audition is that really, it isn't music production software as such at all - it's an editor. The debate about this has been run ad nauseum but the upshot remains the same - no requests from the big ticket users so no development time available - despite some of the developers being quite keen on the idea. And even if some of the tools were added, it would always be playing catch-up. So it's moving more towards audio post for video - which to be honest is why Adobe bought the software in the first place. And the company that produced it. And the staff...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Steve G. I'm new to this and so learning as I go along. After trawling Google looking for answers, I knew that the best place to come would be this forum. 

Thanks again 😀

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines