• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU overlays and program freezing

Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having odd issues with Audition where every panel will have my GPU information overlayed on it (see picture attachments). This makes it very difficult to work around. Also, I get approximately 5 minutes in the program before it freezes and I have to force quite. The program freezing happens gradually. First a couple glitches, and then the text in the UI will start to disappear, and then it will all out freeze.

*side note - This same overlay issue used to happen in After Effects when I'd use Video Copilot's FX Console panel but it's stopped doing it recently. I also noticed appearing on Quicktime player. However, I never experience any of it with Premiere, Photoshop, Lightroom or Media Encoder

My specs

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x 12-Core

GeForce GTX 1080 (most updated driver 461.40)

64gb Corsair ram

Dell 3440 x 1440 60hz monitor

Audition 13.0.13 (updated Feb 2021)

What I've done up until this point - I went into the GeForce software and turned off the "In-Game Overlay." This is the only logical thing that comes to my mind that is making this issue occur, but it didn't solve anything. The GeForce software seems to be the culprit, but I'm unsure. I'm running all the latest updates and drivers for adobe and my gpu.

Need some help as these issues are making it virually impossible to work in Audition and I have some pressing mixes that need to get done.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*update

So I was able to get the GPU overlays to go away. I did this by opening up my EVGA precision XOC software tool and disabling the OSD (on screen display). However, Audition is still doing the same freezing sequence (program works for about 5-10min and then things in the UI start getting glitchy (see attached screenshots) until it eventually crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The one thing I've noticed about GeForce drivers is that they seem to be updating them at quite an alarming rate - for my card (a bit older than yours) it seems to be about once a week! I get the impression that this is a desperate attempt to keep up with whatever it is that Microsoft keep playing about with in the OS. It seems to be necessary to check quite frequently, cerrtainly at the moment. Doesn't really affect Audition that much, but it's played havoc with Premiere before now, not having it up to date.

If you get an actual crash, then it's worth copying the crash logs (should be accessible from the Help menu) here - there might be a clue in them. Might also be worth sending them to audbugs@adobe.com especially if it's nothing obvious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes it seems Audition and my GPU are really at odds. After making sure all of my drivers (and software) are up to date it's still freezing up with the same issues. I attached the most recent logs I have. Will send them to the email you recommended to too. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines