Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Green preview of the video

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I'm using the newest CC version. When I try to put a video in the preview window, it shows a green screen only (audio works correctly).

Yesterday I was doing pretty much the same and everything worked.

Do you have any idea what is wrong?

I tried to reinstall Audition, it didn't help. I'm in the middle of downloading GPU drivers and QuickTime, but it is a blind guess.

Please help, it is a crucial functionality in my day to day work.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Both are mp4.

Problem was fixed quite randomly. I opened Adobe Premiere, it said in a pop up at start that the gpu drivers/CUDA are incorrect. Clicked ok, and I uploaded the same file to Premiere, it loaded preview, and when I switched to Audition, the problem was gone. I don't know what exactly helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What formats were the video that worked and the one that didn't?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both are mp4.

Problem was fixed quite randomly. I opened Adobe Premiere, it said in a pop up at start that the gpu drivers/CUDA are incorrect. Clicked ok, and I uploaded the same file to Premiere, it loaded preview, and when I switched to Audition, the problem was gone. I don't know what exactly helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. Glad that it sorted itself. Must have been some sort of GPU driver conflict.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi annap,

Thanks for reaching out.  We have identified a preview glitch with the latest version of Adobe applications which occurs when the GPU  drivers are not updated. Here is a self-help document related to this: Resolution for an issue where green, purple, or pink haze appears in the Source or Program monitors,...

I am glad you got it fixed. Give us a shout if you need anything else.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2019 Jul 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Problem appeared again.

I have updated my nvidia drivers, tried both "gaming" and "editing software" options of drivers through nvidia experience, none fixed the problem.

I don't know what else to do. I work in voice acting industry and recording without lip movement really destroys my work process.

Please help.

Anna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Przechwytywanie.PNG

That's how it looks like.

Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do any other video files open OK in Audition with picture? One thing you could try is in Audition's Preferences/General try either turning on or off Use Hardware Acceleration for Drawing. So if it started working again in June did it work for some time before failing again? If so something must have changed again in your computer's system like another Windows update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are converted youtube videos I use in my voice acting as a reference. I worked on them before and nothing bad happened.
I tried to click off the setting you mentioned, my preview is back! Not sure how long it will work, but thank you for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have same problem and cant solve it. Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing this issue, but the fix above doesn't work for me.

I have an MP4/h.264 file exported from After Effects using Media Encoder. I'm runnning the most recent versions of AE, AU, ME, and PP and just updated to the most recent GPU driver and restarted (the issue occured with the previous driver too). 

I get a green preview in Audition with every type of video file I import, so it's not file-related and I doubt its codec related because all files play fine in Pemiere and AE. My computer specs are:

Windows 10, 64 bit

Dell Precision 5520

Intel Core i7-7820HQ

nVidia Quadro M1200

32 GB RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue.  Video works randomly for me, though.  Then black screen, but the audio is there.  I have to re-load the video and that sometimes works.  Using it in MT for dubbing voiceover.  Windows 10, Adobe Version 13.0.13.46

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines