• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having to switch audio hardware when switching to waveform edit?

New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Audition and to multitrack recording. I'm making some cover songs and it's really annoying everytime I switch to waveform to edit an audio track, I have to go into the audio hardware setting to change the device class from ASIO to MME in order to hear playback. Then I have to switch back to ASIO in multitrack to continue working on my song. Is this normal and is there a way to not having to switch back and forth? Thanks for any help.

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it's not normal - but I think that all it means is that the default playback settings in Preferences are incorrect:

Output configuration.JPG

These are off this laptop, but the principle's the same. By using the twirl-downs on the RHS you should be able to select ASIO channels to play back through.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you SteveG! You were right, it didn't realize I had to change the settings in the audio channel mapping for the sound to come through in waveform editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines