• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP!! Batch mix individual voice only spot files to a pre-produced mixed down bed file?

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi....we use Audition (PC) very simply...just 2 tracks with voice spots on track 1 of MT and a music track on track 2.  We then just use keyframes to bring down the music volume b4 a voice spot...and then back up to 0db after.  That's the easy part.  We mixdown to 22K16 as it's intended for use with telephone systems.

We have a large client who is asking for something where we:

1) pre-produce a bed file with spots and music mixed down leaving one minute starting at 5 seconds in from start for a voice spot file as "space" to drop in a spot file.  The bed file is 22K16 PCM wav

2)

the voice spot file is pulled in from a folder (22K16 wav)..and will never be longer than 60 seconds.

3)

the voice spot file is to be placed at 5 seconds in from start over top the bed file.  There is nothing but music from start to the one minute mark of the bed file.  The spot file CANNOT overwrite the bed file...it sits "on top" of the bed file 

4)

the spot file is to be mixed down with the bed file to be exported as a 22K16bit PCM wav file to another folder with the resulting mixdown file carrying the name of the spot file

5)

the spot files are all in folders, and there are about 6 or 8 different bed files.

I think this can be done with Audition...but I believe it would be one folder and one bed file at a time.  If there is a way to process multiple beds and folders concurrently...great.

If someone would please help me out here...I need to get this all sorted out by March 25 latest!

Thank you!

Jim

TOPICS
Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately Audition's batch processing can't be applied to processes in Multitrack. And if it could, I think it would be something of a nightmare to organise!

I think that the closest you will get to being able to minimise the amount of work - and this assumes that all the timings will be identical for the beds and the spots - would be to put the whole lot orthogonally into a single session and use muting to silence all the tracks you don't want at any given time, which will leave the ones you do want as the only output feeds, which you can then mix down. I had a look at other export options, but all of them leave you with single unmixed tracks, so there's nothing to be had there, either, I'm afraid.

This isn't the first time we've had this request, I have to say. I think that one of the problems with implementing something like this is that it would require a substantial number of 'hooks' into the software with options that would take an eternity to test - and at a corporate level there doesn't appear to be a demand for it. To come up with a comprehensive system would require a lot of work, and inevitably leave Multitrack view even more cluttered. To me it sounds more like the sort of thing that you might use an advanced automated playout system for; all you'd do is put all the files in and tell it what to do under any given circumstances.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you...too bad...I was sure we could as I saw this which is similar:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/audition-discussions/batch-combining-mixdown-one-file-with-thousands-...

this won't work?

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would only work if you could make all of your files the same length, and even then I think it would be a bit of a pain. For a start you'd have to modify all of your files that you want to start five seconds in so that they contained five seconds of silence to start with, and you'd probably have to do quite a bit of experimenting to get it right. You said you have 6-8 bed files - how many spots do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines