Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help Diagnose an Issue with my Audio

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone! 

This is NOT specific to Audition, but I need help figuring out what is wrong with my audio. 

I edit Audiobooks for voice actors. They send me their WAV files and I edit them into audiobooks. One of my voice actors sends me their files, and by the time they're uploaded into Audible, they have artifacts and sound less than ideal. Something I'm noticing is a weird "pixelated" (If that makes sense?) sound after they send me their files. Can anyone tell me what the issue is with this sentence? It almost sounds like there's a chorus effect on there. There is light compression and EQ on it, but that sound is there even before that happens. 

Appreciate any help on this one. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What we really need here is a direct comparison between a bit of a raw file you've been sent and the processed final result. Also, what are you listening to these files on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even without context though, are you able to hear the issue that I'm describing with the audio that I posted? Almost like a warbly spectral sound? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Quite frankly, no - which is why I'd like the comparison files, and am wondering what you are listening to them on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines