• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to edit and sync on Multitrack

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. So I recently conducted my first in-person interview on the adobe audition multitrack. I had two USB mics connected to my MacBook Pro and was able to get the system to recognize that there were two separate mics connected.
However, now I am in the process of editing the two tracks but my interviewee's track is picking up both his voice and mine even though I have a completely separate track that was suppose to be dedicated to my mic and voice.
Long story short its making it extremely difficult to edit. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips on what I can do?Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 2.46.57 PM.png
TOPICS
Audio hardware , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's called 'bleed' and if you're both in the same room it's pretty much impossible to eliminate - you're both in the same acoustic space, and that adds it adds its own sound to the recordings (it's called 'room tone'). And that gets picked  up by both mics. If your interviewee is further from his or her mic than you are from yours, then it's pretty much inevitable that it's going to pick up you as well; at recording time the only way to minimise this is for both parties to get as close to their respective mics as possible - and even this doesn't work entirely.

The general approach to editing interviews like this is just to do a mixdown of both tracks, with the levels set appropriately, and do the cuts on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines