• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to find a certain sound within an audio file?

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really new to this and it may seem like a dumb question but is there any way in Audition to highlight a certain sound within a track so it's pointed out every tine that sound occurs. Long story short i have to look over an hour of audio.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Generally the answer is no, as Audition doesn't have ears; that's your job! But, if you have a clean example of a sound and it's repeated accurately, then you might be able to locate it using the Sound Removal tool. Those conditions are specific - if you can't meet them, then you have to use your ears, I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally the answer is no, as Audition doesn't have ears; that's your job! But, if you have a clean example of a sound and it's repeated accurately, then you might be able to locate it using the Sound Removal tool. Those conditions are specific - if you can't meet them, then you have to use your ears, I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also using the Spectral Frequency Display in Audition will help to make it easier to visually recognise a repeated sound with the audio file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines