• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to just record myself? Like to start recording?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe's never ending quest to make the simplest things frustrating and difficult, I have a simple question:

I am recording a track. I want to just record myself talking using the built in mic. After a long stint on the forums and internet trying to figure out why the R button was greyed out, I finally found the answer.... apparently the default for a recording app is that you do not actually record. SOOOOO, I turned on mic input. 
So now I can click the lovely R and get a nice green bar indicating the recording levels, fantastic. But how to I actually RECORD! Where is the start button?

TOPICS
Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this the way you are doing it?

One minute video showing how to record a mic in Audition:

https://youtu.be/bEVRCirXAwQ

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd just like to point out that Audition is generally regarded as an editing app, not a recording one; there's a bit of a clue in the name, even...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines