Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to measure Integrated, Short Term, Peak in audition

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

I am new to audition. I have an audio file and i need to check some measurements of Loudness/Peak. The required level is,

Integrated:  -12.0 LUFS
Short Term: -9.3 LUFS
Peak: 0.0 dBTP

Where to find this options in adobe audition.

Regards,
Vasanth

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will get an overall LUFS measurement from Amplitude Statistics. If you want to regulate files, then there are options using Match Loudness. Audition doesn't measure short-term LUFS - that's comparatively rare, and personally I can't see a lot of use for it (which is why it's comparatively rare, I expect...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,

Short Term Loudness measurement translates finer "detail" due to the descriptor's 3sec. averaging window. Description yields characteristics of micro-dynamics. This can be useful for gauging perceptual consistancy of speech/dialogue. Also - there are max spec. guidelines for "Short-Form" content. E.g. see: R 128 s1.

-paul.

@produceNewMedia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, I know what it is - it's a replacement for a lack of training... because that is what your ears are for!

It's a very real problem. People getting obsessed with numbers rather than listening to what they're doing isn't healthy in the slightest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines