• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to recreate such horror howls? (audio files pinned)

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to recreate such a terrible howl

Can you please tell me what effects are used to make such sounds, this is the minimum information I need so I can recreate them.

If you even know exactly how to recreate this, then tell me how please, I will be grateful

TOPICS
How to , Playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Most, but not all, of that is based on the recording techniques used, although I think a bit of 'extreme' reverb and delay may have been used in the first example. Which means basically that you have to use an 'active' mic technique with the person acting this out. Primarily, it isn't effects-based at all.

There are a few things you can try though. Altering the pitch of sounds without altering the speed, and mixing the results can sound pretty horrific, and echo effects always help,  but in th

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

terrible horror, I meant that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most, but not all, of that is based on the recording techniques used, although I think a bit of 'extreme' reverb and delay may have been used in the first example. Which means basically that you have to use an 'active' mic technique with the person acting this out. Primarily, it isn't effects-based at all.

There are a few things you can try though. Altering the pitch of sounds without altering the speed, and mixing the results can sound pretty horrific, and echo effects always help,  but in the end it's really a matter of manipulating what you can record - and if that isn't really horrific-sounding in the first place, then you have a lot more work to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines