• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to use 2 Mics on Adobe Audition on Windows

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting a podcast and would like to use two mics with my co host using adobe audition. Created a multitrack to force it to use separate mics but it's just picking up the same mic. How do I use two mics while recording on Adobe audition using windows. Every fix I've seen has been for Mac. 

TOPICS
Audio hardware

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depends entirely on the mics. You haven't told us anything like enough about exactly what you've done and with what kit for us to be able to advise you what to do yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve! Hoping you're still willing to give some advice. I am looking to record on two snowball mics (USB/digital) through audition on a windows laptop. As OP mentioned, all of the fixes are for Mac (creating an aggregated device to combine the two mics, but that isn't possible on Windows. Is there a way I can do this without installing a third party audio mixer since I am doing this for my job and not on a personal device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tell you what - I'll do the whole answer...

The OP never mentioned what mics he was using, and the situations with 'normal' mics and USB mics are a little different. With normal mics, you're going to need some means of feeding them into the same input, but separated - which you can do with a single stereo input, obviously, although using a small mixer is a much better solution, because it gives you monitoring and panning options, etc

With USB mics, it's different. Yes, you need to be able to aggregate them, and they all need their sample rates to be synchronised. To my knowledge there is only one piece of Windows software out there that is supposedly capable of doing this with more than one USB source, and that is called ASIO4ALL. Fortunately for you, it's free. It actually acts as an interface between your inputs and whatever software you're using it with. It's ASIO-based, and that means that it works very nicely with Audition, because that's ASIO-based too. You can find it here and it's well worth reading through the introduction and use guide.

What you have to do with it when you download it is run the installer, and when you open Audition, you go to Edit>Preferences>Audio Hardware and select ASIO in the Device Class section. Then, when you click on Device, you should find ASIO4ALL listed, and when you click on Settings, it should take you to the ASIO4ALL app, where you can set it up. What it does, essentially, is to use one USB mic as a sync source, and use that (with a bit of trickery) to synchronise the other. You should then be able to record them on separate tracks, but simultaneously. At least that's the theory - I only have one USB mic available here so I've never tried it in practice. But hey, ASIO4ALL says it's possible...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines