Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing multiple channels in waveform

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 

I produce a podcast and am stuck importing 3 tracks from a multitrack recording into one waveform file. Each clip from every one of the channels are appx 30 min long so I have to go into recording1.wav and copy track 3. then paste it into masterfile.wav track 1, then back to copy track 4 from recording1.wav and paste it into masterfile.wav track 2. Then the same procedure for tack 3 and 4 in recording2.wav. I do this in order to put them all together in order so I can process them in waveform to then putting them into a nwe multitrack project and start cutting. Is there a faster way to do this? Put multiple tracks from multiple files in order into a new file after eachother?

TOPICS
How to , Import , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm assuming that you mean a multichannel recording, not a multitrack one - they are not the same thing. If you open a multichannel recording in Waveform view and mute all the tracks you don't want to copy (box on RHS of waveform display), you can then use Ctrl+A to select everything else, and use Edit>Copy To New to put just your selected channels into a new file. Save the result, you're done.

If this isn't what you meant, then you will have to explain a bit more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines