• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to export file in waveform WITH effects applied, but then...

Enthusiast ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but then continue to work on the file WITH the effects I just applied STILL in the rack and the file still untouched. (except for the normalize function which is not available in the effects rack). Or do I have to open each effect, Dynamics, etc. and do screenshots of all the settings in order to work on the unaffected file. This is a haard question to explain, but maybe somebody can understand it. I'm attaching a screenshot of my current work. 

TOPICS
Export , Feature requests , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Multitrack is non-destructive - that's the entire essence of how it works. If you export a file from it at any point, then that exported file is just a snapshot of the session as it is. If you save the session and re-open it, it will look just the way it is. Multitrack never touches your original file unless you double-click on it so it opens in Waveform view, make changes that involve cutting bits out, and then save those changes. If you do that, you'll get quite a few warnings from the system, simply because the revised version of your file won't have stuff in the same place any more.

By the way, what's in your effects rack looks to be completely over the top...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your input. But I was right. I can't explain my question properly. So, nevermind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines