• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Isolating 4 Inputs through Mixer

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a Soundcraft Notepad-12FX and have 4 Røde NTG2 microphones plugged in. I connect to my laptop through the USB connection from the mixer and I use Audition to record.

However, I’m trying to isolate all 4 microphones in the recording (I create 4 separate tracks in the multitrack)- but it always ends up grouping 2 of the mics together. So, for instance, Mic 1 and Mic 2 will be isolated on Tracks 1 & 2 respectively, but Mics 3 & 4 will be together on tracks 3 & 4, even if I’ve selected just Input 3 or Input 4 on the respective track.

I'm using a MacBook to record on and everything in the Audio MIDI Setup looks okay.

The driver for the mixer is up to date, it’s the latest version of Audition, the mics are placed far enough apart.... I’m sure that I’m missing something obvious...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say 'I've selected just input 3 or 4' do they indicate that they're mono or stereo? If you pick an entry with an S in it, even though it only indicates one channel, it will record the channel paired with it as well. The correct way to set this up would be to create a mono track, and select an input with an M in it:

Mono inputs.JPG

And that should put a single mic on a single track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the manual

"For Inputs 3+4 the routing can be selected from:

Mic Input 3+4

Stereo Input 5+6

Stereo Input 7+8

Mix L+R"

So you need to make sure in the Soundcraft USB app that you have Mic Input 3+4 selected. It sounds like the mixer may default to sending Mix L+R to USB 3 & 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For inputs 1+2 and 3+4, the channels seem to be paired. To separate these tracks you can use the AUX/FX send nob to pan one channel left and the other to the right. In doing so, you should be able to isolate tracks 1+2 and 3+4 using this method. The only downside, however, is that the fx may not be used effectively on all channels when mics are panned to either side. This means that Mics 2 and 4 would have the fx on full when activated, whilst 1 and 3 would have no fx.

Hopefully, this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines