Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue to transfer marker from Premiere Pro to Audition

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

Since the last Adobe product update, I can no longer transfer the markers I made in Premiere Pro to Audition using Edit / Edit in Adobe Audition / Sequence. In the versions, everything was automatic. 

He has a person who has found a way to do it, but this method is worthy of the Stone Age. (Without wishing to offend the person who found this solution;)) Here is the link: https://prestopod.com/import-markers-into-adobe-audition/

What would be the right way to do this once again to transfer markers from Premiere Pro to Audition without adding work.

Thank you very much for your help.

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on a 3 channel video project for the last several years, working across Premiere, Audition & After Effects and I've got a long list of issues with Dynamic Link etc., and this is top of that list....

Here's a workaround I found that mostly works. Select your PP sequence, (make sure the CTI is at 0 and all audio tracks are muted)  export as "Final Cut Pro XML". Open your xml file in Audition. In Audition select all the markers and export as CSV. Open your Audition session that you're building your audio in and import the CSV by R clicking in the the markers window. You can also import the original PP sequence itself and use it in the video layer in Audition. Remember to change the time display in Audition to match your PP sequence. Now you should have markers in Audition that match those in the PP sequence, and you can also see the video edit in Audition.

Seems to me it should work like this out of the box...

So, Adobe: how about making markers from PP and AE visible in Audition as soon as you place a sequence or composition in the video track?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to report that this worked like a charm on a project where I had a ton of segmentation markers in a PremierePro sequence in a 1.5 hour long piece of video that I really needed to be able to see the markers in Audtion and this crazy work-around worked for me. 

Thanks for posting it, it is saving me a lot of aggravation. 

It's a little mind boggling that Adobe doesn't have an automated way of sharing markers from Premiere Pro to Audition after all these years. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 19, 2023 Aug 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems you are taking more steps than necessary.  Once you open the xml file in audition, you should see the markers available, and have the sequencing\Tracking in the timebase already.  You should be able to PASTE your audio into it, save as a new project name, and move forward from there with the markers already intact without having to export them to CSV first.  If you are round-tripping and going back to premiere, you only need copy the finished WAV, since there will already be markers in the sequence.  You may want to edit your markers to a different type first, then save as, give it a new name, copy all audio, then change the marker type again and save.  If you want to have a spare list of your markers, or CD tracking, using the provided CDTrack markers or Subclip markers then exporting to a CSV is a great idea though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can confirm that attempting to export only markers does not work.  The reason is that Audition uses TAB separated values, and Premiere uses Comma separated values.  Yes, Audition "SAYS" it's exporting or importing CSV.   It is looking for TSV.  Once it attempts to open in excel as CSV, the tabs are removed.

I'm on Windows, but for me the latest of both apps do function to transfer standard COMMENT markers to CUE markers, provided Audition is already open and in multitrack mode.  I'm guessing that the engine that provides the conversion for the marker information doesn't open properly directly from Premiere, or perhaps the operation times out before the engine is fully engaged.

I would suspect that this should work very similar, as they only build their code against a library with a few modifications for processing and system access (file\folder names and disk structure are different; memory access is a bit different).

I was able to select a sequence, right click on it, and select EDIT IN AUDITION, then wait for it to open in the other app.  Audition should already be open when you do this, and in a multitrack with the same timebase as your premiere project, but it does work.  Once here, you can save the project, then change marker types etc.  You can also change the timebase once you save the Audition project, and then save again.  Warning: this will separate the Audition marker setup from your video setup.  If you wish to use in both, you CAN change the time base at first, then change it back when you're done, save the file again, and send it back to Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines