• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LOST AUDIO FILE BY ACCIDENTALY CLICKING ON LINK MEDIA

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, recorded 8 audio tracks, just like that, no session created.

Selected them all and accidentally clicked on "link media", by the time i hit on cancel, all my audio tracks just vanished, and no ctrl+z or anything seems to work.

Went in the auto-saved folder and nothing appears either.

In the temps folder i cannot open anything.

The video shows what happened 

Just lost a verry importatnt day of work

does anyone know if i can get them back ? 

plz help 

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Crash , FAQ , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't recommend recording in Waveform view at all, and this is one of the reasons why. What you've done is selected all the tracks you've recorded that you haven't saved (that's why there is an asterisk after them), hit one wrong command, and lost the lot. This is because until you save any file you've recorded in Waveform view, it only resides in a temp file - and it's pretty vulnerable there. And no, you have zero chance of getting anything back under these circumstances, I'm afraid.

But I have to say that right-clicking on a whole load of files that you haven't saved, and then hitting Link Media is one hell of an 'accident'...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I should perhaps add that the difference when you record in Multitrack is that this can't happen, because your file is written direct to disc. Even if the recording screws up, you can generally rescue the audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines