• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

mac book pro overheating

Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having problem with overheating my mac book when i run audition adobe cc 2020 after recording after 2 hours.

Called apple support i was advised adobe uses lot of cpu on activity monitor 

do any one has this problem..please help

Is mac book pro late 2018 model has the issue or adobe audition

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

I don't ever recall anybody claiming to have this issue before, quite frankly. The code that runs on a Mac isn't actually that much different from that running on a PC using an i7 processor, and running Audition for long periods in record (I only ever use it like that for digitising vinyl) has never caused any excess heating issues at all.

I'm not going to deny the fact that the power usage increases - it certainly does. But I've never known this to get out of hand. One thing you have to bear

Votes

Translate

Translate
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Audition forum from Using the Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was 42c here today and I had to put my iPhone in the refriderator to cool it down - maybe it is an Apple thing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't ever recall anybody claiming to have this issue before, quite frankly. The code that runs on a Mac isn't actually that much different from that running on a PC using an i7 processor, and running Audition for long periods in record (I only ever use it like that for digitising vinyl) has never caused any excess heating issues at all.

I'm not going to deny the fact that the power usage increases - it certainly does. But I've never known this to get out of hand. One thing you have to bear in mind is that it's not just the CPU that is working hard, but also your hard disk. Most (all?) laptops have a ventilating system built into them and it's important to make sure that both the intake and exit are left clear - and it's often the slots underneath that are the obstructed ones. If you can find a way of raising the laptop slightly so that the air flow around it is improved, that will almost certainly make a difference to the overall temperature rise. For some reason, Mac users like blaming everybody except Apple for any difficulties they have with software, even though it's pretty clear that in several cases, Apple are culpable. I won't bore you with examples, but we have several...

It would be interesting to hear from any other Mac users as to whether they've had any problems with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Steve it is not Adobe issue. I tested running adobe on my imac still the same issue of overheating.

Mac Book pro have inherent problem of over heating and I have removed my adobe account from it; I prefer to use adobe with my new PC Windows 10. Apple products are not suited for many I think. Apple blamed Adobe when I contacted support. I have shelved my 2018 mac book pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines