Exit

Making Audio Recorded In Mono Play Like Stereo

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 

I am new to recording and Audition. 

I accidently recorded some takes I liked where I had the input set for stereo on an interface with more than one input and now it only plays in one of my ears. Is there a way I could make that same audio play in both ears? Meaning can I split the mono file into a stereo file so it can play on both sides? I was able to fix that setting once I realized I was recording incorrectly but I still have the serious audio that I am hoping to use from that. 

Thanks so much! 

TOPICS
FAQ , How to , Playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Insufficient information about how you're trying to do this. Waveform view or Multitrack? When you record a microphone, generally it's a mono signal anyway. If you want that mono signal to come out of both stereo channels, you put it into a stereo multitrack session on a mono track and pan it to the position you want it in the stereo field. It's possible to achieve the same thing in Waveform quite easily using Edit>Convert Sample Type using the Convert to Stereo preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines