• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Match loudness doesn't add when recording favorites

Participant ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to batch process a lot of WAV files and I want to have two effects applied to them in a specific order. I started to record a favorite. First I added 30 band equalizer rffect then match loudness afterwhich I stopped recording favorite and save it. However, when I went to apply the saved favorite, only the  equlizer effect saved not the match loudness and I don't know why. I tried it several times and only the equlizer effect saves to the favorite.

I don't want to apply the match loudness seperetly since I want to do a batch process and apply both effects at once as a favorite with the EQ applied first then the match loudness. Can anyone help?

I am currently using version 22.2.0.61 of Audition.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm afraid that your problem here is that Match Loudness isn't an effect, as such. And the one thing that the Favorites system won't do at all is deal with file manipulation - it only does operations within a file. So it will ignore anything like Match Loudness, which is a batch process, and a few other things as well.

Have to say though that trying to use Match Loudness like that isn't really the way it's intended to be used. The basic idea is that you drop all of the files you want to match the levels of into its window and set the loudness settings you want to use, and do all of that in a batch. In your situation, if all of the EQ changes are the same for all the files, the way to proceed is to process them in the Batch Processor using your EQ favorite, and then afterwards drop all of the files into the Match Loudness bin and do them all in one go as a separate operation. Chances are that will be quicker anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines