• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Metadata corrupted and could not be read...fix?

Participant ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a problem with a wav file that I recorded. It plays for just over a minute and then cuts out.

Importing it into Audition gets the message "metadata corrupted".

Any ideas how to fix this?

I've tried saving and converting it in different programs with no luck. Including VLC.

Here's the file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-gHnl0UkJOF5xAlgPYdv8tLPTkoOXwwD/view?usp=sharing

If it's impossible, I've got a secondary audio from my camera. It's not very good. How can I get rid of the echo? I've tried adjustments with de reverb and parametric equalizer but it still sounds terrible.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11jLQzzfPLOmiLCICMPU5EOhSPHRyRlZn/view?usp=sharing

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a look at your original file, and opened it in Audition by renaming it to a .raw and taking a guess at the settings you used. There appears to be no audio in the rest of the file - just silence. So it's more than just a metadata error, I'd say. What did you record it on?

Your other file has room tone all over it. Not exactly an echo, although it's caused by early reflections from the walls, which is the distinctive part of reverberation. And I'm afraid you stand no chance at all of removing it - it's now a part of your mic signal. It's a bit like baking a cake - you can't unbake it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No worries. Thanks Steve. I thought as much about the second file.

The first one was recorded onto a phone app - RecForgeII using a Rode phone mic. There must have been some kind of error. It's strange how the signal just stopped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines