• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Microphone issue when recording

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently used Adobe Audition for vocal recordings. It was working perfectly today( I am using a pc, sure sm87 with a Scarlett solo, ) However, after unplugging the microphone and plugging it in again. the audio became very bad when recording. The audio was repeating( stuttering) , and had lots of background noise, to make sure it wasn't my mic. I tested it in audacity and it sounded perfect. I don't recall changing any settings in adobe, why is my audio sounding so bad all of a sudden?  How can I fix it?

TOPICS
Audio hardware , FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Hoping this comment boosts this post to get some possible answers/solutions. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Audacity and Audition don't use the same audio drivers, or even drive class, as a rule. Ideally you should be using an ASIO driver with Audition, but it's not obligatory - it should work with an MME driver too. That said, it's worth checking that the driver you have installed is up to date - Focusrite have definitely upgraded the Scarlett driver at least once, so it's worth checking that first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines