• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing New Silence Presets

New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi - I have just watched Durin Gleaves video about the new podcast features to be found under diagnostics and presets. I really want to use Clean Up Podcast Interview preset, but it is not to be found. @DurinG mentioned there was a way to clean preferences to enable them. Could someone explain what I need to do. Thanks in advance. David

TOPICS
Feature requests , How to , Import , Noise reduction

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I can make out, you need to do a re-installation, I'm afraid. What appears to happen is that if you do an update and the checkbox 'import preferences' is checked, then the presets don't get merged, and instead the old ones replace the new ones. For anybody who has a load of preferences they want to import, this potentially appears to be a bit of a catch-22 situation; I will investigate and see if there's something more specific you can delete which will let you alter just those ones. I'll know whether it's worked, because exactly the same situation has happened on this laptop...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ah! I am not alone then! I will sit tight as I have quite a few prefernces installed. If you find a work around, let me know. Thanks. It seems a bit of an oversight from the team at Adobe huh? Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A quick check on this machine (that I don't care about from that POV) indicates that if you delete the existing EffectPresets.xml file from your preferences, then upon re-opening Audition, it will replace that one with the new one, and it won't touch anything else. Even though I can find the relevant entries in it, I can't see any way that just deleting the old entries will replace them - it appears to be the whole file that has to go before the automatic restoration works.

In theory you could edit the .xml file to add the relevant entries to it, but you'd have to be pretty confident to do that.

I was going to suggest that downloading the new Beta version might work, but that appears to do the same thing as installing the current release; imports the previous version preferences if there are any.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks - I have had a quick look around -, on a MAc, where will I find that folder Steve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only information I have for the appropriate  path for a Mac (I don't have one) is that it should be

/Users/{username}/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Audition/{version no}/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No joy I am afraid - may be another Mac user will pick up on the thread. Thansk so much for your efforts today. D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The path is probably correct, but also possibly hidden. The other way you can get almost all the way to it is via Audition's help menu, and look for the log files - they should be in a sub-directory of the one that the .xml file is in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a workaround, you can create them if they are missing.  Click on the Settings button to display the parameters to adjust.
Here's the parameter values for those presets:
Clean Up Podcast Interview settings:

Define Silence As
Signal is below -42dB
For more than 500ms
Define Audio As
Signal is above -41dB
For more than 25ms

Remove Microphone Bleed settings:
Define Silence As
Signal is below -36dB
For more than 500ms
Define Audio As
Signal is above -35dB
For more than 25ms

Best,

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Michael. If I'd thought about it a bit more yesterday, I should have realised that as presets, they would be easy to create!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks Michael - I will do just that. D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines