• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multitrack Projects Lagging Badly

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I'm having an issue with lag (not latency) while editing multitrack projects with lots of clips in audition. I have a hotkey to select all clips to the right of the playhead, but every time I use this hotkey and try to move all the clips to the right of the playhead (hundreds of clips), I get at least a full five seconds of lag. This makes it virtually impossible to edit a podcast. 

I have a new Macbook Pro, SSD, which should be more than capable of running Audition. I have no effects going in my effects racks, no markers. What I'm editing is just two long audio files (an interview) that have been snipped up a whole bunch of times in Descript to remove verbal fillers and for flow. This project was started as an export from Descript, but it's happened with other projects that I started in Audition.  I just recently installed Audition less than a month ago and this has been a recurring issue. It happens mainly when I select a large number of clips and try and move them around, or when I try to ripple-delete. 

I've been reading through other similar threads and have failed to find a solution. If you have any ideas, I'm all ears! If I can't figure this out I'll have to give up my subscription and stick to Pro Tools, which is really not what I want to do 8)

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?