• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Music Podcasts: Getting levels equal for various music (vinyl, digital, mono & stereo)

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

I'm doing a music podcast that uses old 7" singles in which some have the 60s wide seperation stereo, standard stereo, and mono tracks, as well as digital music.

The probel I have, is levels. I use the match level option to -14LUFS, but I still get sme files quieter, and some louder, depending of the age of the track.

If I was playing out live, I would be using a mixer, and control gain, but for this podcast I do on my laptop.

On the mix channel, I have FabFilter Pro-Q to kill some of the muddier low end, and I use Izone Maximizer for limiting. With the limiter, I could push it so all tracks trigger the limiter, but then some will be too compressed.

Does anyone have any suggestions to get a more even level, for a better listening experience?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I should say that I record the music as one 2 hour mix, so I have to apply limit when exporting the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines