• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Adobe Audition Multitrack file which has been linked to pr pro keeps crashing when I open it

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used dynamic linking, to link my edit from premiere pro to audition in order to edit and adjust the sound, I linked it sucessfully and worked on it for about an hour, then I saved and closed the session to take a small break. After I returned I am now unable to open the Audition file, it opens and when the loading bar reaches 100% it just hangs.

2021-12-16 (2).png

I am not able to do anything about it. Both my softwares are up to date and I restarted my computer three times already. I am using a windows 10 Dell G3 Laptop with an Nvidia GTX 1650 graphics card and an Intel i7 10th gen processor.

This happened two times before and I just relinked everything and started from scratch, but now it's happened again and I can't afford to start from scratch again.

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of things: if you click on the warnings/errors twirldown in the message, what does it say. This is likely to give a clue as to what's failing. The other thing is - where is the audio data being stored? Is any of it in remote files? It only takes one file briefly not to be available at the moment you re-open the session for it to fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to click the twirl down button, because audition just stops responding the moment I click anything. All files are stored on the computer. I have added bars and tones from premiere pro in order to sync, but that also got extracted from premiere pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How exactly are you trying to open the file? I haven't tried, but you may find that it's not going to open the sesx as a stand-alone session, and that it needs the link back to Premiere in order for it to work. Whenever I do anything like this, I try to get it all done in a single session, and even if I have to leave it, I don't close the session.

The other thing that might be worth doing is reposting this on the Premiere forum - there are going to be a lot more people there who do this regularly, and may be able to pinpoint the problem. I've noticed on that forum that there are a few people having re-linking difficulties, and there's even a possibility of a bug although that's unconfirmed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines