• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My waveform area has multiple spectral displays

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually it just has the waveform on top (which is shown in the picture and isnormal) but there are multiple spectral displays when there's usually just one. How can I fix this?Capture.JPG

TOPICS
Playback , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you have there is a 14-channel wav file with a check in View>Waveform Channels>Layered. If you click on the twirl-down next to the file name, what do you see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are 14 mono files. is there a way to make it only 1? Capture2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the content looks identical in the first three channels, the thing to do is to grey out all of the channels except the first one (click on each of the numbers on the RHS of the waveform display so that they go grey) which will leave you with a single active track in the file. Then go to Edit>Copy to New, which will copy just that channel to a new mono file. Save the result.

Next find out what on earth you've done to end up with a 14-channel file and reset it to just mono!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I recorded my audio on a RODE RodeCaster and it somehow gave me that many channels...never doign that again. 

Thank you do much for your help! have a wonderful day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines