• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to import 2015 settings etc. into 2020

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a macbook pro and lost access to 2015 version overnight.  I'm suddenly now in 2020 without any of my plugins, settings, shortcuts, effects.  Any way to import them?

TOPICS
How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There used to be an easy method of doing this which simply involved picking up the Preferences folder and dropping it on the Audition Desktop icon. I'm prett sure that this doesn't work any more, but it was quite good - it just picked up everything that you'd stored that was additional to the 'vanilla' version and incorporated it. I have a feeling that this was pre-.xml files though. In the present version, it's possible to export the ApplicationSettings.xml file easily from the Export menu,  and substituting the default version with an old one might work - but it probably won't contain everything you want. There are a couple of other files in the Preferences folder as well that you could try to substitute - like EffectPresets.xml and Favorites.xml but as I said, there are no absolute guarantees that this will work; it all depends on what, if anything, was changed about the structure of these files between versions, and whether anything new was added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your detailed and thoughtful response. I can't
export any files from 2015 because Adobe no longer supports it. I tried to
import certain .xml files into 2020 but there was an unexplained error.
For some reason though, my effects from 2015 are miraculously in 2020.
I'll need to re-do shortcuts and a few other things. But I'll take it!
Thanks again.

--
Tia Reiss
www.tiareiss.com
www.linkedin.com/in/tiareiss

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the original preferences file was on the same machine as you're reinstalling on, then yes, Audition will attempt, during the installation, to include anything it finds from previous installations. At least that's what it's supposed to do - it doesn't always work, especially if you are reinstalling with a different user login.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines