need to record Discord under W10

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I prepare interviews on behalf of my company, the latter provided me with the Hind...g application but I just passed the budget to switch to Adobe Audition which seems to me much more professional to do all the work of postprod. Following the Covid crisis, I am forced to continue my work by doing my interviews via Discord. With my old Hind...g app in a few seconds I managed to assign Discord to one track (Other program) but in Audition I struggle to find the solution to have what I hear (Discord) on one track and my microphone on another track. Can you help me, please ?

This is my configuration : W10 / Soundcard Focusrite Scarlet 2i2 USB / micro 55SH Shure

Thanks for all

TOPICS
Audio hardware , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not a single answer since November :'(

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you really want to use Discord - or indeed any app like that - then ideally you'll need something like Virtual Audio Cable to extract the stream and send it to Audition, although it's notoriously difficult to set up. Audition uses at its heart an ASIO-based engine which means that it can only use a single interface at a time (that's not an Audition limitation - that's in the original spec), so if your interface cannot access an external stream, then you have to go to rather greater lengths to get things into it. One other possibility is to use the (free) ASIO4ALL driver, which can sometimes reveal other sources and let you feed them directly in - that's probably the first thing you should look at. The basic premise of ASIO4ALL is that it makes Audition's ASIO engine appear like any other WIndows app, altthough there's a latency penalty, inevitably. With speech this generally doesn't matter though.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SteveG's suggestion is the probably the best way to go but if you don't end up with a working solution you could record using Hind..g and convert the Hind..g session to Audition using AATranslator so you can do your PostProd

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines