• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newbie question -> changing track effect is assigning to specific points of the track

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, I am a newbie with an audition, but I can't really find the solution to my problem.

When I am editing a multi-track song and add an effect and try editing it while the track is playing apparently the effect is applied to one point of the song (like a timestamp), and then it sets back to the original setting? 

I am probably editing it wrong, but I have no idea how to fix it or do it properly? 

TOPICS
FAQ , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't really told us enough about what you are actually doing, I'm afraid. Are you trying to use the Automation system? Or are you just adding a track or clip effect? The only thing I can think of that automatically resets is the automation system 'Latch' mode, and the scenario you've painted doesn't exactly match that...

The other thing is - have you actually worked your way through any of the tutorial videos? A lot questions get answered in those - if you're a beginner, they're generally worth it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thank you!

I am trying to add an effect to a multitrack track ( basically recording a guitar and adding an effect to it) . So I added for example ever. When I change the settings while the audio is playing apparently it targets only that specific point in the track and then it goes back to the previous setting. DO I always have to pause the audio before making any alterations in the effect configs?

I did watch the videos but might have missed that. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to alter automation levels whilst the track is playing, you need the automation in Write mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines