Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No sound in headphones while recording

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, 

I've been searching everywhere for an answer to this. I've tried customer service even as far as having a screen share.

I can't hear out of my headphones while recording. The Mic is picking up the sound and I can hear playback thru the headphones after I've recorded. I have a Macbook air 2020 and am using a Apogee USB mic. It's very confusing because I'm not new to recording... but am unable to find a solution. I need to be able to hear what I'm doing as I'm doing it (Voiceovers). 

TOPICS
Audio hardware , How to , Playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are the headphones plugged into, and exactly which Apogee USB mic do you have?  Is it this one ?

If so, it has its own  dedicated headphone socket (within the mic body) which is the one you should be using, I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't have the mic +. Just the mic. I solved the issue by only recording in multi track - which is a little annoying because I like the look of just an audio track. Thanks for the reply tho!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines