Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Noise reduction for sequences?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2012 Oct 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.
I'm working on a short film project and I edit in Premiere CS6. Now there's this noise from a fan in all of the clips and I want to get rid of it and I know how to do it with a single clip in Audition, but that would take forever to do with the whole sequence. And I don't want to use Adaptive noise reduction where you can't capture noise prints. So is there a faster way to use noise reduction for a whole sequence in Audition? Maybe add noise reduction in the multitrack or something? Please help me!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 17, 2012 Oct 17, 2012

Sorry, there isn't.

The normal process here is to treat all dodgy audio before you mix it - this gets over level shifting issues, and is generally a much more satisfactory way of proceeding. Noise Reduction is a process effect, and it can only be applied to one file at a time - you can't use it in multitrack.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, there isn't.

The normal process here is to treat all dodgy audio before you mix it - this gets over level shifting issues, and is generally a much more satisfactory way of proceeding. Noise Reduction is a process effect, and it can only be applied to one file at a time - you can't use it in multitrack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn it. Well, that sucks... I guess I have some work to do then.
Thanks for your answer though, it was very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2012 Oct 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can, however, save your Noise Reduction settings as a Favorite and then use that in a Batch Process to process several different files (assuming the files all have the same Noise profile).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2016 Jun 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it's been years I know but could you explain how do do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't said which version you are using, but:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to make you take even more time though...

..,Instead of using/saving one NR setting and try to clean up your signal in a single pass, you can almost always get better, more transparent results by using three or four passes with the Noise Reduction and dB Reduction sliders set to fairly low values.  Increase the FFT size (on the Advanced menu in Noise Reduction) and increase this setting for each pass.  You'll find that working this way you can kill even pretty severe noise without the swishing, robotic character you can get with a single, extreme, pass.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2016 Jun 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob Howes wrote:

Just to make you take even more time though...

Of course you can speed that up somewhat for a lot of files... All you have to do is arrange to process your list three (or four) times, using a different set of NR parameters for each. It's also worth pointing out that at least one of the passes should be with the FFT set to the highest value it will go to - this invariably gives cleaner results, although the processing time is significantly increased, due to the massive window cross-over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Or just finish all your edits, export the audio and then do the noise reduction on one big audio track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines