• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Noise Reduction NOT FUNCTIONING

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aud. CC 2017- Noise Reduction NOT functioning.  Chat "help" suggested I download another version and that ALL Audition versions had functioning Noise Reduction effects.  Last version where effect worked was Aud. 2015. Downloaded 2018 - still not working.  Please suggest a path for me to follow.

MANY thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, Audition NR is fully functional in all the versions I'm aware of, and if it wasn't, there would have been many, many complaints about it by now, and we'd all know about it. So perhaps you'd like to outline exactly what it is you're doing, and what doesn't work, and we'll see if we can help you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Steve.  After spending WAY too much time on this issue, I have resolved the problem by selecting another software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds rather defeatist to me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree. I take a section of the audio that only contains the noise and choose Capture Noise Print. I then Select All and go to Noise Reduction and apply.... nothing happens. Using Audition CC 2018.

I tried using the Sound Removal option and the voice then sounds like a Dalek...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not normal for the NR effect not to work. Have you tried going to Noise Reduction first and then doing the Capture Noise Print from within the effect? I notice that you are on Audition CC 2018 which is quite old now. There have been many bug fixes since then so an update to the latest CC 2019 v. 12.01 may cure the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I am on Audition CC 2019, I put down the wrong year. I am an enterprise user of Adobe CC and did not take note of the year as it is always up to date anyway.

Yes no matter which way I try it, nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now having this very same issue! Just a week ago it was working fine...but now I get no results from an Noise Footprint I capture. Has anyone gotten a good answer to this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I am seeing is that the small section I choose as Noise Footprint...if applied just to that area of selection...the filter will work at 100% reduction. But if I do a Select Entire Clip either in the Noise Reduction window or by a Command-A...it will not apply to the whole clip. I really need this to work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what I had to do was step back to Audition 12.1.1.42 and it is working just fine. Not sure what the issues with the new builds may be, but I get exactly what I need, just as it was performing a week ago. So I am back up and running just fine with the step back and installing to an older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got this problem with I clean installed my mac with masOS Catalina with Adobe audition 12.1.5. Now the problem is fixed when I uninstalled the version 12.1.5 and reinstalled with the older version (12.1.0)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm seeing this issue on v14.0.0.36 for windows

noise print window does not come up at all, so I can't reduce the noise!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'capture noise print' window will only come up if you make a selection first. It's not neccesary though - you can operate the whole thing from within the effect window itself, and it works fine in the current version. Several people who have had trouble with it working have mistakenly set the spectral decay rate to 100 - which will appear to stop it working completely - it should be set to no more than 65%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Late reply, but I think I figured out this annoying issue. I've run Audition CC for a couple years now, but recently had this problem crop up. I'm not sure how it happened, but the Noise Reduction window somehow got positioned off my screen, and so I had to find a way to get it to peek out enough that I could grab it and drag it back to where I could see it. I figured this was the problem because when I ran the process, Audition would become unresponsive, but if I pressed Escape, it would respond again. This seemed to point to an offscreen window.

To fix this, I restarted my computer. Once it restarted, I went through the process again: grab the noise print, and try to open the Noise Reduction process. This time, a small part of the NR window was just grabbable from the right side of my screen, and now it's back where it belongs. All is well once more--whew!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines