• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Noob question

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just started playing around with stereo recordings after using shotgun mono mic previously. So recording with 2 mics into zoom f6 and when I bring the clip into audition I am presented with 4 tracks. The first two would appear to be mono according to them having exactly the same levels and the other two have the level separation you would expect from stereo recording. So what's the deal here? Should I keep them all? Want to try general ambience recording but don't want a mono sound. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you tell us how the F6 was set up and how many trackes were recorded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can't tell you. You need to look at the way the F6 is set up to determine exactly what is being recorded on each track, but on the face of it, it sounds as though the two tracks with differences would be the ones recorded by mics that weren't immediately adjacent to each other. I'm putting it like that, because it's not really 'stereo' unless you set the mics specifically to record an accurate stereo field - what you've got would probably better be described as an ambient recording rather than stereo per se.

The best answer to this though is to listen to the results - I think that's the best way you'll find exactly what you've got.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  1. Thanks all for replies. Turns out the f6 was set to record 4 tracks as described and I just deleted the ones I didn't want. Called 'poly' mode and there's also 'mono/stereo' mode. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines