• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Often, Audition won't play using the spacebar after opening a file by double-clicking

Contributor ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After more than several occurrences, I finally see what's happening... but don't understand why.

I will sometimes open files by double-clicking them. Doing so launches Audition but, often, the file will not play when using the spacebar. And only today did I realize why: in these cases, apparently, Audition sometimes launches with the search field (in the upper right-hand corner) highlighted, and tapping the spacebar just adds spaces to the search field. I have to click in the waveform window before the spacebar will behave normally.

There is already a search field under the Help menu. But is there a way to disable the search field in question?

Thanks.

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The space bar only starts Audition if Audition is the active window - that's normal. The mystery here is why the search window would be highlighted at all when Audition starts - there's no means of controlling this from within the software. I've never heard of this happening to anybody else though... so what are you doing to make it start like that? As it stands, the only key on the keyboard that can influence the Help system when Audition is open is F1. And I can't replicate this at all here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed: any input (keyboard or mouse) will affect only the foreground (active) application. And I should clarify: I don't know if there was any type of highlight in or around the search field until I'd tapped the spacebar several times. I then looked around the screen and, by that time, the search field was "illuminated" with the blinking cursor in it.

Again, this doesn't happen every time, but it seems to happen only if I've launched Audition by double-clicking a file. And, I don't hit any other keys or click anything before Audition actually opens and the waveform appears. I'm on a Mac, and was about to tell you that F1 does nothing in Audition, but then I checked the keyboard shortcuts and found that F1 is supposed to initiate Adobe Help... but it does not. I don't need it to, but it's odd that it's configured and doesn't work (other shortcuts work fine). Very puzzling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well if it's a Mac, then it may well be different. I can tell you though that as I discovered earlier whilst investigating this behaviour, the F1 failure is common to both versions, so I'm going to write that one up as a bug. So thanks for confirming that!

PS. Just to clarify, the F1 failure only occurs if you open a file by double-clicking on it. If you open Audition 'normally', you get the usual F1 behaviour, which is to open help in your browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry it took a while to reply, but with regard to your PS; that F1 will open Help if Audition is launched and files opened manually (not by double-clicking them), I just discovered on my Mac, F1 still does not initiate Help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IGNORE MY PREVIOUS REPLY: F1 DOES INITIATE HELP.

1. I didn't realize that Help now comes from the website and not from Audition itself (or a companion app).

2. F1 opened a web browser window but, because the Firefox browser automatically prevents some unknown re-directions, the page was empty and I didn't realize the browser was trying to connect with the Adobe website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Spacebar used to stop/start but hasn't for a few months. I use an iMac M1, wireless Mac keyboard, Audition v. 22.5, running through MOTU interface. Spacebar does nothing now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines